COMMUNITY DESTINATION ACADEMY
The Community Destination Academy is a partnership between the Consortium and Maine Office of Tourism (MOT) that combines professionally led workshops and training sessions with direct financial and technical assistance to support destination development projects in participating Rural Destination Areas.
The Consortium and MOT launched the Community Destination Academy with a 2018 pilot program in the Moosehead Lake region featuring a four-part training series:
- Creating Memorable Visitor Experiences
- Finding the Money: Destination Financing for NGOs, Towns and Businesses
- Selling Your Story: Destination Marketing
- How Teams Get Things Done: Turning Plans into Action
As part of the program, participants identified two local projects for financial and technical assistance:
- Rebuilding the lakeside boardwalk in downtown Greenville (complete)
- Launching a cooperative marketing effort to boost attendance at 10 local events (ongoing)
The Consortium and MOT continue to work with CDA participants to provide destination development support in the Moosehead region.
In spring 2019, the Consortium and MOT are partnering on a second CDA program to assist business, non-profit and municipal leaders in the Rangeley Lakes Region.
Please follow this site for program updates and information about hosting a Community Destination Academy in your area.